The Benefits of Online Reviews for Ecommerce Stores
Seeking out online reviews has become such standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them.
- 70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. (PeopleClaim)
- 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.
- 67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs)
- As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.
- 80% of consumers have changed their mind about purchases based on NEGATIVE information they have found online. (ReputationAdvocate)
- On average, 75 percent of reviews posted on review websites are positive, and 71 percent of consumers agreed that reviews make them more comfortable that they are purchasing the right product or service.